ATLANTA – School for Startups Radio is excited to announce Veteran’s Entrepreneurship Week.
In recognition of May’s National Military Appreciation Month and the important role veteran entrepreneurs play in the economy, all shows during the week of May 5 -9 will be devoted to helping service members start new business.
Host Jim Beach is a bestselling McGraw-Hill author and recently won the 2014 Media Advocate Award from the Small Business Administration (SBA).
School for Startups Radio appears on AM 1630 and FM 102.1 in Tampa, AM 1520 and FM107.1 in Las Vegas, AM 810 and FM 87.9 in Macon, Georgia, AM 1640 and FM 102.1 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and FM 100.7 in Boulder, Colorado. AM and FM stations are being added in Kansas City and Seattle next week. The show also appears on online platforms Liberty Express Radio, The Daily Paul, AMFM 24/7, and American Hope Radio.
EFactor, “the entrepreneur’s wingman,” is the official sponsor of School for Startups Radio.
School for Startups Radio airs weekdays at 8pm EST on Liberty Express Radio, the show’s home network.
Fifteen great guests will appear during the week of shows. Guests committed to appear include:
- Mechel Glass – Author of “The Veterans Money Book”
- Keith Hedgspeth – co-founder of healthpons, Winner of Phoenix Award from Atlanta Mayor, MIT Enterprise Forum
- Mary Kennedy Thompson – President of Mr. Rooter, ex-Chairwoman of VetFran, Class of 2013 Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame Veteran Inductee
- Ray Margiano – CEO & Founder at Balance Walking, Class of 2012 Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame Veteran Inductee
- Jerry Darnell – CEO of Jerry Darnell & Associates, the “Mayor of Franchising” & Class of 2013 Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame Philanthropic Award Inductee
- Jose Perez – Owner of Frontline Support Solutions
- William Osgood – Owner of CFR & Associates
- Scott Boyette – Owner of CB& A Project Management
- Larry Broughton – Award-Winning CEO of Broughton Hotels, Best-Selling Author & Entrepreneur of the Year award by Ernst & Young
- Joe Lindenmayer – President/COO & Co-Owner of TSS Photography
- Greg Tanner – National Director-Franchising at Aarons
- John Phillips – Author of “Boots to Loafers” – Veterans Services Director at Coca-Cola
- Mike Haynie – Director of Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University
Ray Margiano, CEO & Founder at Balance Walking and Class of 2012 Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame Veteran Award winner, said, “There is a lot available to help you transition into today’s market place please take advantage of the many educational, job opportunities and business opportunities that can help you transition to a very successful lifestyle that you deserve.”
Mitchell Schlimer, Founder and Executive Director of the EpiCenter based in downtown Atlanta, says, “Veterans, VetFran and especially Veteran Entrepreneurs are very important to our EpiCenter and Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame. So much so, that each year we give a Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame Veteran Award at our annual Induction gala of which Mary Kennedy Thompson was our winner for 2013 and Ray Margiano for 2012.”
Mary Kennedy Thompson, guest this week and President of Mr. Rooter, Chairwomen of VetFran, and Class of 2013 Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame Veteran Award winner, said, “Franchising is good for veterans and veterans are good for franchising. After faithfully serving our country our veterans deserve the opportunities that small business ownership provides. Let’s give them the power to prosper.”
To learn more please contact: